Fall Quarterly Goals | 2016



Hi Everyone!

Here's a shiny new topic on my blog (how exciting)! I decided to start up a segment that I've often seen on Jenna Moreci's YouTube channel as well as Kim Chance's blog (and now YouTube!). I've done this a few times before, but I haven't actually stuck to it. I am now. I'm holding myself accountable!

Fall 2016 Goals:

  1. Finish Substantive Edits for Vigilant-- I've been working on editing this book since July/August. I'm 152 pages in and it's going really well! However, I would really like to be done with these rewrites and adding things. I'm at 102K words right now and I know I'm teetering on too many words. However, I am adding description to enhance Aurelia's POV and lengthening some of the dramatic scenes. 
  2. Print a Spiral Bound Copy of Vigilant for Copy Editing-- I am the person who loves to see her work in print form. Granted, I've never gotten a spiral bound copy for my books, so we'll see how this works (also depends on page count...I've got 363 pages at the moment and it allows up to 470. I'm cutting it close already). 
  3. Get a good chunk of copy edits done-- Copy edits I have schedule for December through January 10. Now, why not just use the entirety of January? I'm heading off to the UK/Europe on January 11 and won't be back for two weeks. So I need to get a good chunk of this done before I head overseas.
  4. Save $400-$500 for UK trip-- Yep. This one is pretty self-explanatory.
  5. Read 13-15 Books-- I'm at the point where I will probably not finish my goodreads challenge of 52 books. I had a huge reading slump this summer, so I know there's no way it will happen. I am at 27 books, so if I get to 40 I will be happy!
  6. Write 6 chapters of Don't Trust Peter Pan-- I'm working hard on fleshing out ideas for this book and I want to get a feel for this book. It's not going to be posted for a while (I thought about posting it in October, but I don't think it will happen), but I want to know how it is to write this book. 
  7. Update all my Wattpad books weekly/bi-weekly-- In September, I started school and I was horrible at updating. I'm feeling a little more confident to start updating again and I want it to be at a frequent rate.
  8. Write bonus chapters for some of my completed books-- This is an ambitious one. Not sure it will be done.
  9. Keep my room clean
  10. Do a mythology book on Wattpad-- this is currently in the works. HOWEVER, I've got 15-16 more slots to fill, otherwise it will have to be an every other day thing. I don't want it to be this way, but it may have to be.
  11. Buy new boots-- me and shoes are horrible friends right now. My favorite sandals broke on the first day of school, my cute new-ish boots gave my pinky toe a blister, so now I'm wearing my old boots. I need new FLAT boots.
  12. Get a haircut-- I've been saying this forever, but I desperately need one.
  13. Buy an SD card-- Need one for my trip :)
  14. Find international plug-in -- I got one for my birthday from my aunt, but it seems to have disappeared. It may still be in my room in the bag, but I have no idea! Ahahaha... I need to locate it before January.
  15. Buy an iPad-- This was a decision made today. My computer is presently on it's last legs. It works wonderfully, but the exterior is beginning to show signs of wear and tear... rapidly. I'm afraid to take this laptop to school because of how much it's falling apart. There's a crack just in front of my mouse pad, the plastic coverings to the fans have fallen off, and I have a wobbly screen. I love this computer, but I need something to take back and forth to school. An iPad will get my by until I can afford a Macbook. That's the next computer I want to buy.
  16. Update blog three times a week-- I want to keep you guys entertained! I have October's posts all planned, so get ready!
Well, those are my quarterly goals! What are you all planning to do this fall? Let me know down below!

See you guys on Tuesday!
~Amanda

Share:

0 comments

A.J. Winter

Amanda, or A.J. Winter, is an avid reader and writer. She is a full-time college student who also writes on the website, Wattpad. She is a member of their Wattpad Stars program.

Comments system