Writing Goals | October 2016




Hey Everyone!

So today's topic is talking all about my writing goals. I've always had writing goals and they've stayed fairly consistent since I was about fifteen. Since then, I've known I wanted to publish a book. I've still got hope for that, of course! That's my biggest dream since... forever.


The photo above is my tentative schedule of my book editing schedule. I want to be querying by March 13, 2017. That is five months from today. WHICH IS CRAZY TO THINK ABOUT! At this stage in my life--with college ending a year from December-- I feel as if I'm running out of life. Like, I feel like I don't have a lot of time to get my ducks in a row. I don't know, is this weird? Is this normal?

I want to be able to sit down and talk with the family I see a few times a year and go, "I'm getting my book published on [insert date here]." It would be amazing for that to be my full-time job. I can dream, right? Like, it would solidify that I've worked my little tush off and I've done something right by myself. This is the one thing I've always wanted and it's so close that I can almost taste it.

As I'm editing Vigilant, I am sitting here thinking "this is it. This is my novel." The words running through my mind don't even begin to explain how I feel when I'm working on this book. I feel that this is the best work I've ever written. It's definitely the book I'm proudest of. The one book I've stressed over more than I care to admit.

So my ultimate goal is to be able to see this published. I want people to read this and appreciate three years of my life. This book has been around since I started college and it's amazing to look back at the first draft and think of how far I've come...and how far Aurelia (then Lysandra)'s story has come. It's indescribable.

On October 28, it marks the one year anniversary of me being  a Wattpad Star. That's something I can't even begin to fathom right now. In a little less than 365 days, my life has changed a lot! I've made tons more friends and my writing habits have become more frequent. It's interesting to think about what will happen a year from now. Will I be able to say I've got an agent? One can only hope. 

Keep dreaming,
~Amanda

Share:

0 comments

A.J. Winter

Amanda, or A.J. Winter, is an avid reader and writer. She is a full-time college student who also writes on the website, Wattpad. She is a member of their Wattpad Stars program.

Comments system