Saying Goodbye to 2016



2016 was hard. There, I said it. It was a stressful year for all of us, but I didn't let it get to me. We lost a lot of great people this year, but we can't let this one year define how we live our 2017. Think of 2016 as a book, once it's over, we close it and move on. Just as I'm doing.

On January 1, I began writing the second draft of Vigilant. This was probably the biggest thing that I ever took on. My goal was to draft a book and begin posting it on Wattpad to see how people would like it. I never expected to be as in love with it as I am 12 months later... if we're being specific, three years later.

I also got my first writing gig and that was the coolest, most stressful thing in my entire life. I wrote 10,000 words in three days. I deserve a pat on the back. The money I earned from that job is what is paying for my trip.

Other than those two things, my year was fairly normal. I spent tons of time with amazing friends and family, and made new friends as well. 2017 is going to be even better than 2016. I know it.

So, here's my main 2017 goals....


  • Finish editing Vigilant
  • Drink no soda 
  • Eat healthier
  • Start querying Vigilant
Hope you all have a lovely 2017!

Tags:

Share:

0 comments

A.J. Winter

Amanda, or A.J. Winter, is an avid reader and writer. She is a full-time college student who also writes on the website, Wattpad. She is a member of their Wattpad Stars program.

Comments system